The department offers consultations and conducts studies and applied research in the field of informatics.
Its activities cover the following area:
- Establishments of maritime data banks.
- Conducting feasibility studies for investment in computer systems.
- Preparing requests for proposals (RFP) for computer systems.
- Conducting technical evaluation of computerized MIS systems.
- Managing and operating the customer computer centers.
- Offering total solutions hardware and application software on request.
- Participating in economic and management studies.
- Conducting training for system analysis, computer languages, and computer applications.
- Designing, building and operating a train driving simulator for the Egyptian Railway Authority.
- Developing the information system of Port Said container company.
- Designing and establishing maritime transport data bank.
- Designing the information system of the Shipping company.
- Designing the information system of Suez shipping company.
- Designing the Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) system for Damietta and Port Said container handling company and the Egyptian Ports Authority.
- Implementing Alexandria Port Authority and Port Said Port Authority Information Systems.
- Designing the information system of Damietta container handling company .
- Designing the information system of the shipping supplies and logistics company.
- Designing the information system of the Egyptian company for Shipping.
- Designing the Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) system for Alexandria Port Authority.