Business Preliminary (BEC Preliminary)
Prepare your students for career success
over 1 million people have used Cambridge English: Business Certificates to show they have the work-focused English language skills for career success. These are high-quality international English language exams developed by Cambridge English Language Assessment - a not-for-profit department of the University of Cambridge.
- Give your students a competitive advantage - give them the English language skills they need to excel at work.
- Expand their study opportunities with proven English language skills.
- Accepted globally by top multinational corporations like Procter & Gamble, HSBC and AstraZeneca, as well as education institutions and business schools.
- Accepted for all categories of UK visa application, including Tier 2 and Tier 4 covering work and study.
A globally accepted exam
The exams are trusted and accepted by leading employers, educational institutions and governments worldwide.
What level are the exams?
There are certificates at three levels, giving you a progressive way to develop your students'' English to the level they need for study or work. The certificates are aligned to the Common European Freamework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) - the internationally agreed standard for describing language ability.
- Cambridge English: Business Preliminary - CEFR Level B1
(IELTS band scores 4.0-5.0)
A level of English for practical everyday use in an international business environment.