- The Arab academy for science and technology and Maritime transport (AAST) is one of the leading educational establishments in the Middle East, and it always had a leading role providing the latest technology with the most up-to-date educational facilities and resources to insure that our teaching and research is kept at the leading edge.
It includes many important fields of research highly needed in most areas of modern life. Therefore the academy has established the new College of Computing and information Technology(CCIT) specialized in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering, and meeting the needs of students with a wide background and experience in computing. However, the roots of the college extend back to 2001, when the computer Science department started to offer its program through the Computer Engineering Department.
- The new CCIT is located in AbuKir campus, AAST’s main campus in Alexandria.
- It is large and modern, bisected by the sea and interspersed with open Alex and gardens. The campus is developed to provide contemporary and landscaped living to enhance both the academic and non-academic experience; it is completely self-contained with transportation, with medical care, dorms, banking and other facilities on site.
- The CCIT is concerned in providing the latest of technologies and distinguished educational, training and research services, in order to support higher study courses that conform to the needs of computer usage in many important field of research.
- Since its establishment, the CCIT maintains sound relationships with a number of universities in USA, UK and Egypt for joint cooperation in both undergraduate studies and supervision of postgraduate studies and research work.