the Arab Academy for Science and Technology and Maritime Transport in collaboration with the University of Sunderland ( United Kingdom ) offers the chance to obtain an accredited British degree in Computing while studying in Egypt , through the University of Sunderland program . The degree courses are offered in Computer Studies through the College of Computing and Information Technology (CCIT); one of the AAST's main colleges.
The Sunderland Degree offered by CCIT is considered one of the most specialized degrees in the field of Computing which is designed:
- to provide a critical awareness of the current and emerging computer techniques.
- to develop the detailed knowledge and skills necessary for the methodical development and support a wide range of computer systems, using up to date tools and techniques.
- to motivate and challenge of and equip students with the personal skills and knowledge required by employers.
- to create a more interactive, and effective way, where students enjoy learning and spend a very interesting and useful time at the college.
Graduates from the Sunderland program are accepted in graduate programs any where in the UK.
The students in the Sunderland program in CCIT are able to study part of the degree or choose to continue studying in the University of Sunderland in the UK at any time.
University of Sunderland
Situated in the north east of England , The University of Sunderland has an active learning community of approximately 13,500 students on a range of high quality programs leading to Degree, Masters and Doctorate awards. The University of Sunderland is recognized as a dynamic , modern university with high standards of teaching and research and a growing reputation as the university for enterprise, employment and opportunity.
- It was described as "best new University in the UK for Research" by the Times, December 2001. Moreover, it is considered "best new University in England" according to the Guardian University Guide, May 2001
- The new RAE figures (2001 Research Assessment Exercise) show that Sunderland is now the top-rated new university in the UK for its overall quality, range and quantity of research.
- The degrees offered by Sunderland University are accredited by the QAA (Quality Assurance Agency) of the United Kingdom.
Sunderland is committed to a continuous process of development, making it the most progressive seats of learning in the United Kingdom . The computing programs at the University of Sunderland are the forefront of technology, and are designed to motivate and challenge students and equip them with the personal skills and knowledge required by the employer.
The Sunderland Program in CCIT offers three main tracks:
- Applied Business Computing
- Computer Applications
- Computer Systems Engineering