1. Realize the distinguished level and precedence in education.
2. Recruit and retain an academically prepared and diverse student body.
3. Recruit the nationally, regionally and globally recognized faculty members.
4. Develop and support prominent undergraduate and graduate programs that satisfy the national, regional and international requirements.
5. Realize the distinguished level and precedence in research.
6. Enhance and encourage student volunteer activities and community service.
7. Develop infrastructure and financial resources.
Excellence and devotion in education and academic research Transparency, equality, objectivity and justice Teamwork, cooperation and self-development, Social responsibility, Democracy, mutual respect and integrity.
Program Map1-Program Title: Business Information System Department
2-Intended Learning Outcomes
2-1 Knowledge and Understanding
- Ability to identify the different types and kinds of business and their distinctive features.
- Ability to understand the different environments in which the organizations work and methods of dealing with them.
- Ability to understand the developments and trends of modern and contemporary issues related to the field of specialization.
- Ability to use the basic principles, theories, trends in the area of specialization.
- Ability to understand the different sciences relevant to the specialization studied by the student.
- Ability to understand the research methodology, tools and methods of measurement and analysis.
- Ability to apply the integration between commercial and social sciences.
- Ability to understand business ethics and professional practices in the area of specialization.
- Identify major concepts, tools, techniques and methods of electronic commerce, with a focus on the web.
- Understand the fundamental concepts, principles and theories underpinning Electronic Business.
- Ability to design interactive e-commerce sites.
2-2 Intellectual Skills
- Ability to analyze analytical and innovative thinking when facing different situations.
- Ability to apply the foundations and principles of innovative thinking.
- Ability to explain and distinctively discover the advantages and disadvantages of the current issues.
- Ability to deal with the statistics and analyze it.
- Ability to understand effectively with the different situations to transform threats into opportunities.
- Ability to use different ideas and thoughts clearly in an objective and scientific manner.
- Ability to analyze the impact of e-marketplaces on organizations and industries.
- Gain a good connection between E-commerce technology, E-commerce strategy, and marketing.
2-3 Professional/Practical Skills
- Ability to use form plans and programs for using financial and human resources as well as other resources and ability to develop and maintain them.
- Preparing and Study market analysis.
- Apply different sources of information and verification of truthfulness.
- Analyzing data collection, use statistical analysis and interpret data based on the economic and social indicators.
- Identify the design and operation of administrative and accounting systems and insurance in their respective areas of specialization.
- Use scientific methods to solve scientific problems.
- Identify the foundations and principles of creative thinking.
- Identify the presentation and interpretation of the reports in the field of specialization in a scientific manner.
- Use of computer applications and information technology in the area of specialization.
- Use and employ the results of research and studies in business development and improve performance levels.
- Apply an object oriented web application framework.
- Ability to describe an EC security strategy, develop a secure payment gateway and discuss why a life cycle approach is needed and explain EC-related crimes and why they cannot be stopped.
2-4 Transferable/Key Skills
- Identify effective time management techniques.
- Identify effective communication skills and influence others.
- Ability to work in groups.
- Understand the development of knowledge and improve skills through continuous self-learning.
- Define different methods and techniques for solving problems with high competency on individual or company level.
- Acquire and learn presentation skills.
- Self-management and working with stress.
- Obtain innovation and continuous development in the work.
- The use of technical terms related to the topics of the program.
- Ability to recognize and learn the foreign languages.
- Assess models of best practices in e-service delivery.
- Evaluate the difficulties of developing successful information systems in order to promote competitive advantages.