It is my pleasure to welcome you to the Business Information Systems Department (BIS). In my role as the department chairwoman, I am proud to introduce you to one of the College of Management & Technology’s departments that offers a four-year undergraduate degree program.
BIS currently offers two four-year undergraduate degree programs: Management Information Systems (MIS) and E-Commerce. While MIS, was established in 1992 as the first MIS department in Egypt, to reflect the fact that information technology is the backbone of businesses, E-Commerce, was established in 2005 in response to the impact of the Internet on business practices, and as the first and only E-Commerce program in Egypt.
As with the rapid change in the field and the strategy of continuous improvement, BIS programs have undergone a significant evolution to offer a new unified BIS program that allows students to choose a set of elective courses that provide advanced knowledge and hands-on skills in concentrations such as ERP, Web Development, Web Design, and E-Applications.
BIS is one of few departments that is a SAP University Alliance and a Microsoft partner. It offers:
- Hands on latest and most popular computer skills coupled with a business administration background
- International Programs and student exchange at well-known universities worldwide
- Exposure to the work environment through local and international internship in the industry
- Are eligible to apply for ITIDA-ITAC program, University Student Graduation Projects fund
- Are constantly offered opportunities to attend/participate in academic conferences such as ICCTA-IEEE, Techne Summit, ABRM and ICT in our Lives
- Participate in annual project competitions such as those arranged by Techne Summit and Computer Scientific Society
- Participate in field trips, seminars, and regular workshopsThe BIS program is well positioned to deliver graduates that fill a gap in the marketplace, where BIS has over 90% recruitment rate. Some graduates are entrepreneurs who started their own businesses such as Pointers, The 8 Peas, Savvy Arabia, and Spinzomedia LLC.
Prospective BIS graduates can be leaders as Web/System analysts, Web/System designers, Web/System developers, Mobile Application Developers, Social Media Specialists, ERP Specialists, and Database Analysts.
So if you do not hate technology, and you have a passion to succeed, then join the winning team at BIS.
Dr. Rasha Abd El Aziz, PhD
Head of Business Information Systems Department
Associate Professor, College of Management and Technology
SAP Certified Business Associate