- To develop students through combining management theory with practical experience and encouraging positive attitude for their future.
- To develop educational programme that is appropriate for the needs of all stakeholders nationally and internationally.
- Improve instructors’ and lecturers’ skills to enable them to enhance their teaching efficiency and effectiveness.
- Supply students with a people oriented attitude through furnishing them with strong communication skills, customer service and professionalism.
- To be one of the top ranking educational tourism departments.
- Improve the learning- teaching system by effectively using modern teaching technology.
- To be one of the major sources of employment in the tourism and hospitality industry.
- To produce world class human resource, to cater to the overwhelming need of the Tourism and Hospitality Industry.
- Add an international approach to teaching through collaboration with other departments worldwide.
- Enhance the educational quality using multimedia appropriate to the needs of staff and students.
2. Intended Learning Outcomes
2-1. Knowledge and Understanding
- Recognize the hospitality and Tourism management principles and related disciplines and terminology with an appreciation of their limitations.
- Describe the uses and limitations of a range of research methods/techniques, both qualitative and quantitative, and identify their strengths and weaknesses for providing information and evaluating options in an uncertain organizational environment.
- Define tourism from the perspective of customers and stakeholders, service and orientation.
Relate hospitality and tourism concepts from a practical approach, through:
- A pedagogic kitchen and restaurant, hotel room facilities, front-office and Travel Agency Counter.
- Participate in the organization of international conferences under the supervision of their professors.
- Other audio-visual facilities are utilized, such as Video-films taken from The Educational Institute of American Hotel and Motel Association and Videotel.
- Focus on improving foreign language skills through teaching 8 courses of 2 foreign languages Video-showing and language labs. The medium of instruction in Hotels and Tourism study program is mainly English.
- Relate all studied courses learnt during the eight semesters through demonstrating Internships and term papers as major part of students' assignments during the 4-year program.
Demonstrate different managing information technology and technology tools needed for hospitality or tourism specialization:
- The latest technological practice at its highest levels, our computer labs are equipped with special Tourism and Hospitality software packages.
- Achieve the ICDL (International Computer Driving License) Certificate as an integral part of the program.
2-2. Intellectual Skills
- Ability to use fundamental knowledge to investigate new and emerging technologies related to hospitality and tourism specialized software.
- Examine the ability and creativity in conducting independent assignments and writing a dissertation.
- Apply analytical and critical thinking and synthesis of understanding in the fields of tourism and hospitality.
- Analyze statements in terms of evidence, detect false logic or reasoning, identify implicit values, define terms adequately and generalize appropriately.
2-3. Professtional/Practical Skills
- Identify uses, strategies and management of finance in the hospitality and tourism enterprises.
- Demonstrate critical thinking through an ability to evaluate, analyze and synthesize issues related to hospitality and tourism.
- Manage their own learning.
- plan tourism programmes , tour and brochures for tourism and hotel services, pricing hotels and tourism products , assess promotional and advertising tools.
- Manage effective performance within a group.
2-4. Transferable/Key Skills
- Communicate effectively , both orally and in writing using a range of media.
- Manage tasks and resources, acquire entrepreneurial skills.
- The ability to develop, monitor and update a plan to adapt to a changing operating environment and work in stressful environment and within constraints.
- Ability to monitor and adjust a personal program of work on an on-going basis, and top learn independently.
- Distinguish different roles within a team, and the ability to exercise leadership and motivate individuals.