Diploma in Economics
Who is it for?
- You have the necessary qualifications to embark on a degree, but would prefer a course with more teaching support.
- You intend to have a degree programme, but would like to gain a recognized qualification after one year.
- You can complete this diploma in a minimum of one year, and a maximum of five years.
- You sit your examinations in May/June
- You must pass all four units in order to be awarded the Diploma in Economics
|02||Introduction to economics|
|04a||Statistics 1 (half unit)|
|05a||Mathematics 1 (half unit)|
|24||Principles of banking and finance|
|25||Principles of accounting|
|107||Introduction to business and management|
|21||Principles of sociology|
For detailed course description visit: http://www.londonexternal.ac.uk/prospective_students/undergraduate/lse/units/index.shtml
Students have a number of options available to them for further study:
- Progression to one of the University of London?s degrees for External students, such as B.Sc. in Economics and Management, while staying with the Academy.
- Transfer to LSE: A student awarded the Diploma may be considered for admission to the second year of an appropriate degree at LSE, but admission is not automatic. It would be subject to achieving high marks in the Diploma; there is a great deal of competition and places are limited.
- Transfer to other universities: As well as LSE, a number of reputable universities in the United Kingdom will consider accepting students who have completed the Diploma in Economics for direct entry into the second year of a degree, subject to terms and conditions of that university.