11. Identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying engineering fundamentals, basic science and mathematics.
12. Develop and conduct appropriate experimentation and/or simulation, analyze and interpret data, assess and evaluate findings, and use statistical analyses and objective engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
13. Apply engineering design processes to produce cost-effective solutions that meet specified needs with consideration for global, cultural, social, economic, environmental, ethical and other aspects as appropriate to the discipline and within the principles and contexts of sustainable design and development.
14. Utilize contemporary technologies, codes of practice and standards, quality guidelines, health and safety requirements, environmental issues and risk management principles.
15. Practice research techniques and methods of investigation as an inherent part of learning.
16. Plan, supervise and monitor implementation of engineering projects, taking intoconsideration other trades requirements.
17. Function efficiently as an individual and as a member of multi-disciplinary andmulticultural teams.
18. Communicate effectively – graphically, verbally and in writing – with a rangeof audiences using contemporary tools.
19. Use creative, innovative and flexible thinking and acquire entrepreneurial andleadership skills to anticipate and respond to new situations.20. Acquire and apply new knowledge and practice self, lifelong and other learningstrategies.