Diploma of Engineering
Requirements for Admission to the Diploma program
Applicants to the Diploma program must hold a university undergraduate Bachelor's degree in a similar discipline from an accredited university or college. An overall Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 2.0/4.0 (or Pass) in the undergraduate degree is required.
Applicants must submit the following documents to the Department of Graduate Engineering Studies:
- Official Transcripts: An official transcript must be submitted for each of the colleges and/or universities attended. Transcripts should include an explanation of the grade scale used by the colleges and/or universities attended. All copies should be officially certified as identical to the original. Transcripts and/or copies cannot be returned.
- Copy of passport or National Identification card
- Financial Plan (if sponsored)
- Completed Application Form
- TOEFL score of at least 500 (local exam)
The academic department then interviews the applicants individually to select those who will be recommended for admission. Students must complete a minimum of 18 credit hours of course work in addition to presenting an applied project equivalent to 6 credit hours.
The minimum duration of study from the beginning of the first Diploma course registered by the student until graduation is 12 months, and the maximum duration for the same period is 2 years.