Master of Engineering
Requirements for Admission to the MEng program
The Master of Engineering (MEng) degree is generally a professional degree offered as a coursework-based alternative to the traditional research-based Master of Science degree. The Master of Engineering degree is offered at many leading universities in the United States and is considered a terminal degree in the field of engineering. In other words, it should not be the degree to select if one’s ultimate goal is to earn a Ph.D. Applicants to the Master of Science program in Engineering must hold a university undergraduate Bachelor's degree in a similar discipline from an accredited university or college. An overall Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 2.4/4.0 (or Good) in the undergraduate degree is required. Otherwise, the applicant may be accepted if (s)he holds a post-Bachelor's Diploma in the relevant discipline with a minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0 (or Very Good).
Applicants must submit the following documents to the Department of Graduate Engineering Studies:
- Official Transcripts: An official transcript must be submitted for each of the colleges and/or universities attended. Transcripts should include an explanation of the grade scale used by the colleges and/or universities attended. All copies should be officially certified as identical to the original. Transcripts and/or copies cannot be returned.
- Copy of passport or National Identification card
- Financial Plan (if sponsored)
- Completed Application Form
- TOEFL score of at least 500 (local exam)
The academic department then interviews the applicants individually to select those who will be recommended for admission.
Students must complete a minimum of 30 credit hours of course work in addition to presenting an applied research work equivalent to 6 credit hours. The registration of a graduate candidate is the responsibility of the candidate. Candidates must register for each course. Registration for a course also includes registration for the examination for that course. Course registration takes place before or within the first week of classes.
All students who obtained the Bachelor of Science in engineering from Egyptian universities or other equivalent Universities in all disciplines may be asked to undertake a number of Pre-Master’s courses that are determined by the postgraduate academic advisor. The student may register at this stage a maximum of 9 credit hours of BSc and/or Pre-Master’s level courses in accordance with the courses offered by the department and mandated by the postgraduate academic advisor of that department.
The minimum duration of study from the beginning of the first Master’s course registered by the student until graduation is 18 months, and the maximum duration for the same period is four years.
click the following links to download pdf files:
- M.ENG. In Architectural Engineering And Environmental Design
- M.ENG. In Computer Engineering
- M.ENG. In Construction And Building Engineering
- M.ENG. In Electrical And Control Engineering
- M.ENG. In Electronics And Communications Engineering
- M.ENG. In Industrial And Management Engineering
- M.ENG. In Marine Engineering
- M.ENG. In Mechanical Engineering