“Skills, abilities and attributes a Marine Engineer possesses as a result of his combined engineering education and 3-5 years of industrial experience”
- Succeed in entry-level engineering positions with marine, shipbuilding, ship operations, offshore industry and operation, ship design, ship classifications in regional, national, or international industries, and with government agencies.
- Succeed in the pursuit of advanced degrees in marine engineering or related fields where a solid foundation in mathematics, science, and engineering fundamentals is required.
- Be able to synthesize mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and laboratory and work-based experiences to formulate and solve engineering problems in both marine and offshore systems areas.
- Have proficiency in computer-based engineering, including modern numerical methods, software design and development, and the use of computational tools.
- Be prepared to communicate and work effectively on team-based engineering projects.
- Recognize the importance of, and have the skills for, continued independent learning.