The department areas of research specialization cover ships, offshore platforms and submarine pipelines and marine vehicles. Topics of interest include design, operation, analysis, inspection and maintenance of marine systems:
- Ship hydrodynamics and structural analysis.
- Ship design and stability.
- Loading on offshore platform.
- Safety and risk analysis.
- Finite element modeling of marine structures.
- Nondestructive testing using acoustic emission.
- Marine materials nondestructive testing.
- Underwater vehicles.
- Submarine pipelines.
- Computational fluid dynamics.
- Heat transfer.
- Vehicles aerodynamics.
- Refrigeration and air conditioning.