The department covers the following fields of research:
Design and Vibrations
- Modeling and simulation of dynamic systems.
- Vibration isolation.
- Flow induced vibration in pipelines.
- Rotor dynamics
- Magnetorheological bearings, clutches and brakes.
- Bio engineering Human joints, artificial limbs.
- Emulsion through diffusers and heat exchangers.
- Two-phase flow.
- Pipelines leakage detection.
- Reduction of friction losses in pipelines.
- Aeration systems.
- Pump performance analysis.
- Chemically reaction flow
- Bio fluid mechanics
- Computational fluid dynamics (CFD).
- Energy generation from renewable energy sources.
- Water desalination using solar energy and wave energy.
- Wind energy wind turbine performance, vibrations, control and  power generation.
- Power generation in remote isolated areas.
- Energy storage Systems.
- Environmental engineering Impact assessment of renewable energy devices.
- Air-conditioning systems
- Vapor absorption systems.
- Natural gas refrigeration systems
- Heat and mass transfer.
- Steam and gas power generation.
- Energy saving in industrial processes.
- Cryogenic technologies and liquefaction applications.
- Car pollution and emissions control
- Hybrid car systems.
Control and Mechatronics Systems
- Modeling , simulation and control of mechatronics systems.
- Fault detection and identification.
- Dynamics and control of robotic systems.
- Nano systems
- Smart materials.