The Arab Academy For Science and Technology and Maritime Transport is a community of students and staff dedicated to bringing out the best in all of its members.
The objective of the Academy is to provide an optimum environment for teaching, learning and research.
The academy seeks to attract excellent students to its graduate programs. They are expected to demonstrate the ability to do creative and original work. A graduate applicant must perform well on the entrance interview.
This prospectus aims to give the graduate students a guide to the wide range of postgraduate opportunities available at the College of Engineering, The Arab Academy For Science and Technology And Maritime Transport.
The College of Engineering and Technology offers Master degree ( M. Eng. ) in the following programs:
- Electronics and Communications
- Computer Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Marine Engineering
- Industrial and Management Engineering
- Electrical and Computer Control Engineering
- Construction and Building Engineering
- Architectural Engineering and Environmental Design
Graduates of the College of Engineering have to be equipped for their future careers and be able to keep up with the rapid developments in the professional field.
Students should also be prepared to meet the challenges that these changes present, be innovative and where necessary, implement the change. In addition understanding the implications for finance and management whenever it is possible. They must also posses the versatility to deal with new and unusual problems that will arise during their career as professional engineers.
The Master of Engineering Programs aim at providing students with an engineering education with breadth across the engineering disciplines, and a special focus on one program. These programs also ensure the development and innovation of courses and curricula.
The programs aim at enhancing the students research capabilities and scientific thinking as it is the first step towards research and development in the area, branch and topic the student s.
The AASTMT provides graduate students with the following:
- An excellent opportunity to interact with senior specialists and faculty members on modern issues and concepts in the emerging new areas of research and development in varieties of managerial, maritime, scientific, engineering and technological fields.
- Advanced knowledge in different topics, fields and disciplines based on the Creative and Critical Thinking skills.
- Ways to enhance the studentsâ€™ thinking and research capabilities in the chosen major field of study using the most recent advances in scientific and engineering methodologies and techniques.
- Chances for participants to prove their own developed capabilities by submitting written theses in specific topics of interest.
- Ways to assist the participants in career development.