To be a specialized leading international maritime educational and training center providing maritime accredited programs and research to keep pace with the latest developments in the field of the maritime industry.
The College of Maritime Transport and Technology (CMTT) seeks to efficiently combine the facilities of the Arab Academy and its resources to provide the most advanced up to date maritime educational and training programs. It also provides the maritime transport industry locally, regionally and internationally with well trained and qualified cadres to contribute to upgrading the level of shipping services.
- Implementing and developing programmes to satisfy the requirements of the STCW 78 as amended and the IMO model courses that meet the standards of issuing the Certificates of Competency (COC)
- Establishing Maritime Education and Training (MET) programmes to meet the different needs of individuals, organizations and institutions in the maritime industry
- Conducting cooperation agreements with local and foreign universities on undergraduate and post-graduate studies as well as training programmes
- Exerting efforts towards achieving the status of an educational consultative organization capable of providing research and developing services to those who are in need on the national, regional and international levels
- Achieving the optimum use of different maritime entities within the Academy such as the Integrated Simulators Complex (ISC) enabling efficient delivery of both educational and training programmes
- Increasing students' intake by an average of 5% annually as per the Academy policy to meet the market requirements