- Implementing and developing programmes to satisfy the requirements of the STCW 78 as amended and the IMO model courses which meet the conditions for issuing the Certificates of Competency (COC).
- Establishing maritime education and training (MET) programmes to satisfy the different needs of individuals, organizations and institutions in the maritime industry.
- Conducting co-operation agreements with local and foreign universities on undergraduate and postgraduates studies as well as training programmes.
- Exerting efforts towards achieving the status of an educational consultative organization capable of providing research and development services to those who require such services at the national, regional and international levels.
- Achieving the optimum use of different maritime entities within the academy such as the Integrated Simulators Complex (ISC) enabling efficient delivery of both educational and training programmes
- Increasing students intake by an average of 5% annually as per the academy policy to satisfy the market requirements.