To be admitted to the Academy, a student must meet the following:
- Student shall have good manners and shall have never been indicted for a crime.
- Student shall be a holder of General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE) or equivalent (Science) according to the special conditions of each major.
- Student shall meet the minimum admission requirements determined by the Higher Council of Egyptian Universities through the Academy’s Education Affairs Council provided they are in agreement with the admission rules determined and shall be medically fit according to the prescribed standard.
- Student shall pledge that he will abide by the Academy’s systems and traditions.
- Student shall submit all the documents required for admission.
- Submitting the approval of the delegating authority.
- Student shall pass the admission examinations of the Academy
The Conditions of Admission to the College of Maritime Transport and Technology
In addition to the foregoing conditions:
- Student shall have obtained not less than 60% of the total scores in the General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE) or equivalent.
- Only holders of GCSE (Science) shall be admitted.
- Passing the Academy’s English Language Test.
- Passing Physical Fitness Tests.
- Passing Sports Tests.
- Passing Personal Traits Tests.
- Passing Demeanor Test (Personal Interview)
Rules Pertaining to Equivalent Foreign Certificates
International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE)
- The number of academic years shall not be less than twelve academic years (or the lapse of three years after obtaining the Certificate of Completion of Preparatory Education).
- Student shall have passed the courses qualifying for admission to the College of Maritime Transport and Technology.
- Successfully passing the compulsory subjects stipulated by the Egyptian Ministry of Education: the Arabic Language, Religion and National Education
- The compulsory courses for the English Language or English Literature / Chemistry / Physics / Mathematics and Mathematics (AS)
- Optional Courses: Four courses (O level)
- The required grades for admission to the College of Maritime Transport and Technology: Student shall have passed eight O level courses with a minimum grade of (C)
- Student shall have passed eight subjects in agreement with the subjects which qualify for each college provided student shall have passed five subjects at least in the 12th class and the rest of the subjects in the 11th class and that the weight of the subject is not less than one credit hour. Student may take some of the eight subjects from the subjects of the 11th class with three subjects as a maximum
- Passing SAT. 1 exam with a minimum of 1200 scores
Other Foreign Secondary Education Certificates
International Secondary School Certificate / French Secondary School Certificate / German Apitour / German Commercial Diploma. The numerical evaluation is done according to the evaluation and admission rules of the Academy’s Admission and Registration Deanery
The Academy’s Registration System comprises the following points: registration procedure, the educational load to be registered, omission, addition and withdrawal per course, and repeating course as follows:
Registration takes place after payment of tuition fees. Registering courses begins one week before the beginning of the semester. Registration comprises academic supervision, reviewing the student’s academic standing and payment of tuition fees. Schedules are announced before the beginning of the semester. Student must personally undertake registration procedures of his courses under the supervision of his academic supervisor. Student must strictly abide by all the rules stated in the Registration Instruction Brochure issued by the Admission and Registration Deanery at the beginning of each semester. If a student is unable to register on time, he is allowed a late registration period (first week of instruction) provided his excuse is accepted. In this case, he shall pay special registration fees