Provides a clear understanding, guidance and provision of the operation and technical management of general cargo, container, dry bulk and liquid bulk terminals in ports.
Identify the basic concepts of port functions and operations and recognize the different types of ports and ports generations.
1. Port management & operation – elements to consider.
2. Port planning at the national & individual port level.
3. Port planning at the terminal level.
4. Port functions and core activities – G. cargo terminal.
5. RoRo & container terminals.
6. Dry & Wet bulk terminals.
7. Operation planning and berth management - G. cargo terminal.
8. RoRo & container terminals operations.
9. Dry bulk terminal operations.
10. Liquid bulk terminal operations.
11. Port reception facilities – (Waste management strategy).
12. Planning of reception facilities and cost recovery systems.
13. Case study – (Baltic action plan).