DBA Rules and Regulation - Degree Requirements
- Degree candidate students must complete 63 credit hours in a minimum of 6 and a maximum of 10 semesters.
- Students are due to complete all coursework for the DBA degree within a minimum 4 and maximum 6 successive semesters before being eligible to start the phase of buidling research proposal after passing the Comprehensive exam.
- Students are required to take 13 courses (3 credit hours each) during the Coursework Phase. The courses are distributed among four different levels.
- The first and second levels altogether have 9 courses to dissiminate over 3 semesters 3 courses per each one.
- The third level hosts the 4 specialization courses which prepare the students for starting their Thesisns. The specialization areas are as follows: Marketing, Finance and Investment, Human Resources, and Management.
- Students are required to attain a GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 by the end of the Coursework Phase in order to proceed to research seminars and tutorials in report writing.
- Research seminars and tutorials focus on the designated area of the prospective Thesis. The fourth level lasts for a minimum of 3 months. By the end of which, the student is required to sit for the comprehensive Exam.
- The Comprehensive Exam is graded as “Pass” or “fail”. A student whose performance is considered unsatisfactory (“fail”) is given another opportunity to meet the phase requirements. Students who were not successful in passing the test for the second time are allowed to switch from one specialization area to another upon a recommendation letter from the senior professor of the designated field in AAGSB.
- Students, who finished 12 successive semesters and were not able to attain the required graduation requirements must appeal to the AAGSB Academic Council for an exceptional and additional semester to fulfill their degree requirements.
- Students who have completed their requirements of credit hours with a cummulative GPA that falls below 3.0 are allowed to register a maximum of 3 courses in order to improve their cummulative GPA.
- Semester Load and Coursework Requirements the maximum number of courses that any student can register per semester is three courses (nine credit hours) in the first 3 semesters. Students are allowed to register 4 courses in the specialization area which is located in the fourth semester. In certain cases, a student could be allowed to register for less than 3 courses upon submitting a ‘Petition Form’ and receiving approval from the school.
- DBA Comprehensive Exam Regulations: