MBA Rules and Regulation - Degree Requirements
Academic standing in AAGSB master degree programs is governed by the following regulations:
- Degree candidate students must complete all course work for the master degree within minimum 4 and maximum 6 successive semesters after enrollment in the program. Graduation requires from students to complete 48 credit hours with a minimum Grade Point Average "GPA" of 3.0.
- Students who finished 6 successive semesters and were not able to attain the required 48 credit hours with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or more must appeal to AAGSB Academic Committee (GSBAC) for an exceptional and additional semester to fulfill their degree requirements.
- Students who have completed their requirements of credit hours, but their cummulative GPA falls below 3.0, are allowed to register a maximum of 3 courses from the second, third and fourth semesters in order to improve their cummulative GPA.
- The first semester courses of the MBA degree Contemporary Management, Managerial Economics, Applied Statistics, Accounting and Financial Reporting are not optional courses for students who seek to improve their cumulative GPA.
- MBA Majors:
- AAGSB offers the following majors starting from the third semester: General, Marketing, Human Resources, Investment, Banking and Finance, International Markets, E-Business , Hospital Management, Energy Management, Environment Management, Project Management, Marketing Research, Hotels and Tourism Management as well as Disaster Reduction and Crisis Management Majors.
- Each of the above-mentioned majors has its exhaustive list of courses. This makes the whole set of courses "required".
- The Strategic Management course is only offered during the fourth semester for those who finished 36 credits as an obligatory course for all Non-Thesis students.g
- Only bachelor degree holders of Business background who are registerd as Academic MBA students are encouraged to register in a 24 credit hour thesis as part of their degree requirements in case they are considering an MBA degree equivalent to a Master of Science from the Egyptian Supreme Council of Universities.
- Availability of courses in the third and fourth semesters is dependent on the number of students registered in each course.
- Students are allowed to use the cross registration option in any of AAGSB degrees as long as they are considering the semester load and degree requirements of courses.
- It should be noted that AAGSB will consider the registration forms for a definitive course towards its maximum capacity "28 students per course" after which no further registration will be granted. Consequently, it is advised to register as early as possible to avoid such inaccessibilty of registartion.
- Non -Thesis students who completed 48 credits of course work with a minimum GPA of 3.0 shall be eligible for graduation once they pass the Comprehensive Examination with a a grade "Pass".
- Management of Infromation Technology Major students are required to conduct an E-Business project with zero credit hours by conclusion of their study which replaces Comprehensive Exam requirement in other Majors.
- To register for a Thesis, academic MBA students are required to register for a 24 credit hour thesis after finishing their course work with a minimum GPA of 3.5.
- Academic standing in the Graduate Diploma degrees is governed by the following regulations:
- Students must complete all course work for the GDM degree within a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 4 semesters after enrollment in the program.
- No student will be allowed to graduate from the GDM program without attaining a minimum of 24 credit hours and a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or more.
- Students, who finished the 4 successive semesters and were not able to attain the degree requirements must appeal to Graduate School of Business Academic Committee (GSBAC) for an exceptional and additional semester to fulfill their degree requirements