Media Management Track
- Public Opinion
- The opinion of internal and external organizational customers is regarded as increasingly important in modern management. This course aims at introducing students to the basic concepts of public opinion as well the factors that impact its formation and development. In addition, the course develops students’ skills with reference to analyzing and measuring public opinion as well as influencing it. Finally, students learn to write and present public opinion reports.
Etiquette and protocol
- The role of public relations has emerged as essential in the age of communication revolution, knowledge explosion, and fierce competition. This course seeks to introduce students to the basics of public relations in terms of ethics, responsibilities, and professional conduct. Students are introduced to exemplary cases that demonstrate the role of public relations in strategic planning, policy implementation, managing crises and shaping the organizational image.
Research Methodology & Business Reporting
- Etiquette and protocol are important for effective management. Students are introduced to the importance and fundamentals of etiquette and protocol in various everyday and professional situations and contexts. The course will cover such topics as the art of conversation, developing a charismatic personality, listening skills, non-verbal communication, appropriate attire, and impression management. In addition, students will learn the international norms for the organization of meetings, conventions, official events, and diplomatic activities.
- The first part of this course provides a comprehensive theoretical and practical framework for business research. It introduces the processes for developing research and considering different research designs and approaches together with statistical methods for data analysis and interpretation. The second part of the course teaches students how to report and present research findings using computer technologies and other presentation aids.
Crisis Management & Media
- In the light of the dramatic economic, scientific, and social changes such as globalization, free trade, and fierce competition, promotional activities have become assumed new saliency. The course introduces students to the basic concepts of promotion as well as the use promotional tools in shaping a positive organizational image. Other topics covered are direct marketing, the promotional mix, e-promotion. Local, Arab, and international case-studies will be used to illustrate and apply concepts covered during the course.
Arts of Communication
- Recent research has underscored the importance of managing a crisis through media and effective communication. Students will be introduced to crisis management principles, strategies, tactics, and communication methods that will enable them to predict, manage, and control real-world crises that they might face during their career. Students will cover the different concepts through real life organizational cases.
- The course introduces students to basic concepts of communication. The course will examine the different modes and methods of communication that occur in organizations, and will help students become more effective communicators in all organizational settings. The course will also explore the impact of modern technology on communication. Students will learn how to formulate persuasive messages that facilitate effective communication.
- This course is designed to enable students to identify central issues and problems in business organizations to suggest alternative approaches and then present well-supported recommendations for future actions. The course will accomplish these objectives by explaining concepts and theories useful in understanding the strategic management process. The course will cover topics such as characteristics of strategic decisions, strategic decision makers, social responsibility and ethics in strategic management, situation analysis and corporate strategy, business and functional strategies in addition to strategy implementation and control. A case-study oriented approach will be heavily used in this course.