Various career options are open to the pharmacist upon graduation and licensure. These opportunities include:
- Community pharmacy and consultant pharmacists.
- Hospital pharmacy.
- The pharmaceutical industry (manufacturing process, research and development (R & D), medical information, and sales).
- Bioequivalence and bioavailability centers.
- Pharmacy regulatory authorities.
- Academic pharmacy.
- Pharmacovigilance and post marketing studies centers for drug utilization review/drug use evaluation.
In this context, “Pharmacovigilance” refers to the practice of monitoring the effects of medical drugs after they have been licensed for use, especially in order to identify and evaluate previously unreported adverse reactions