Steam lab is considered the latest modern lab all over the Middle East. The lab contains the advanced educational duel fuel steam station, gas turbine, two boiler model, water treatment chemicals, and steam turbine.
- Steam station
- This station consists of fire tube boiler, electric super heater, steam separator, steam traps, steam turbine, condenser, condensate storage tank, feed pump, and economizer. The station is simulated to electrical steam generation on this station 45 experiments can be implemented plus the manuals for these experiments.
- Two fire tube boiler and steam turbine
- The lab contains two fire tube boilers vertical and horizontal .The steam turbine is used to traine the students about function, components , equipment''s , steps of maintenance and repair.
- Water treatment kit
- Training the students about the treatment of the boiler water by using test kit which consists of PH meter, oxygen removal, salts as (sodium, magnesium and calcium) test and anti-rust additive.
- Gas turbine
- Gas turbine model working by diesel fuel can measure rotational speed, Turbine Inlet Temperature (TIT), Exhaust Turbine Temperature (ETT), turbine inlet pressure, fuel pressure, air starting pressure, and lubrication oil pressure.
- 15 students can be trained in the lab.
Experiments1 Introduction to a Steam Generating System.2 Boiler Safety Considerations.3 Operation of a Steam Generator.4 Temperature Measurements.5 Pressure Measurements.6 The Thermodynamics of a Steam Generator.7 Analysis of Combustion Gases, Oil-fired.8 Analysis of Combustion Gases, Gas-fired.9 Optimized Boiler Combustion, Oil-fired.10 Optimized Boiler Combustion, Gas-fired.11 Stack Losses.12 Determination of Heat Quantity From Combustion.13 Determination of Heat Quantity into Water / Steam.14 Flow Measurements.15 Enthalpy and Entropy Values of the Steam Generated.16 Determination of Steam Quality.17 The Heat Transfer of the Economizer.18 The Heat Transfer of the Super heater.19 Determination of Heat Quantity, Steam to Water in Water Infiltration Desuperheater.20 The Surface Desuperheater, Heat Balance.21 The Operation of the Steam Separator and the Steam Trap.22 Operation of a Turbine / Generator.23 Turbine Steam - Ideal Power Developed.24 Turbine/Generator Shaft - Useful Power.25 The Mechanical Efficiency of the Turbine.26 The Thermal Efficiency of the Turbine/Generator.27 Boiler to Turbine Pressure Losses.28 Generator Efficiency.29 The Thermal Balance of the Condenser.30 The Thermal Balance of the Cooling Tower.31 The Thermal Efficiency of the Cooling Tower.32 The Condensation System.33 Condensation Treatment.34 The Blow Down System.35 The Useful Thermal Efficiency of the System.36 The Total Thermal Efficiency of the System.37 The Total Steam Cycle Heat Quantity.38 Ideal vs. Real Cycle Verification.39 Real Cycle, w/o Adiabatic Expansion, Verification.40 Real Cycle, with Desuperheating Steam, Verification.41 Hydrostatic Testing.42 Fuel Efficiency of the Boiler.43 Cold / Hot Well.44 Nozzle Test.45 Insulation Test.