Communication and Computing System
This comprehensive course is designed to thoroughly train all the radio operation personnel, ashore and afloat, in the operation of the GMDSS equipments through lectures and hands-on simulator sessions. State of the art GMDSS simulated communication equipments accurately replicate the real GMDSS’s functions based upon STCW-1995 convention and its amendments set by the IMO.
Trainees who have successfully completed the course will be able to operate all GMDSS equipment safely and efficiently in different situations.
- Introduction to GMDSS.
- GMDSS communication systems.
- Principles of maritime radio communications.
- Distress, Urgency, Safety and Routine communications.
- SOLAS radio regulations.
- Practical operational procedures for general communications.
Practical operational procedures on the following terminals:
- VHF RT terminal.
- SSB and NBDP terminals.
- DSC-VHF and DSC-MF and HF operation.
- Inmarsat-C including EGC.
- NAVTEX terminal.
- EPIRB, SART and portable GMDSS VHF operations.
The trainee should be 3rd, 2nd, 1st mate officer or master, OR Person who has a license in the old communication system, OR Communication Engineers, OR SAR Officers.