Communication and Computing System
GMDSS - Refreshment Course
It is an updated course for mariners who have taken their GMDSS-GOC qualification which has expired, or which is about to expire and want to keep fully up to date, and fully aware of current developments and procedures. This course is conducted with an emphasis on the practical elements of GMDSS radio equipment operation especially in sailing areas A2, A3 and A4.
- Maritime radio communications principles.
- GMDSS communication systems.
- Other GMDSS equipment.
- General MF and HF knowledge and radio propagation.
- Satellite communication.
Practical operational procedures on the following terminals:
- Inmarsat-C Ship Earth Station (SES).
- Inmarsat Fleet-77 SES.
- MF and HF RT transceiver with DSC.
- MF and HF Radio telex transceiver with DSC.
- Satellite EPIRB.
- 9-GHz SART.
The trainee should be 3rd, 2nd, 1st mate officer or master, OR Person who has a license in the old communication system, OR Communication Engineer, OR SAR Officer.