Communication and Computing System
GMDSS License Revalidation Course
This course is structured to increase the GMDSS radio operator’s awareness with the latest updated IMO resolutions with respect to the GMDSS communication. The course gives good chance for all mariners to get advanced practical exercises procedures hands on the latest terrestrial and satellites terminals installed on board ship. The attended trainee will be able easily to get the GMDSS license revalidated.
After attending this course, the trainee will be familiar with the newly terminals installed for the GMDSS such as: Distress Message Controller (DMC) and Inmarsat F-77.
- Overview on the new GMDSS communication systems.
- Most updated marine radio communication regulations.
- General MF and HF knowledge and radio propagation
- Usage of DMC.
- Satellite communication using Inmarsat F-77.
The Simulator Exercises
Practical operational procedures on the following terminals:
- INMARSAT F-77 SES.
- DMC terminal operation and procedures.
- Satellite GPIRB.
The trainee should be 3rd, 2nd, 1st mate officer OR master, OR GOC Holder.