Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Course
- The general objective of this training course is to develop the participant’s skills in implementation of the EIA process in support of country’s sustainability objectives.
- Developing in participants an understanding of the need for environmental impact assessment and the principle and methods of EIA, with particular emphasis on development project.
- Developing participants’ skills in evaluating environmental assessment.
- Background (Purpose and Aims of EIA)
- Law, Policy and Institutional Arrangements (EIA Policy and Legislation)
- Public Involvement
- Stakeholders Involvement
- Scoping (Approaches and Methods)
- Alternatives and Tiering
- Impact Analysis and Prediction
- Social Impact Assessment
- Mitigation and Impact Management
- Link between EIA Process and Mitigation
- What is an EIA Report?
- Typical Elements of an EIA Report
- Role and Purpose of the EIA Review Process
- Main Steps in the EIA Review
- Procedures for Evaluating EIA Reports
- Role of the Decision Makers
- EIA as Part of the Decision Making Process
- Implementation and Follow-up
- Evaluation of EIA Effectiveness and Performance
- Classroom Activities
Duration : 5 Days.
No. of Trainees : Min. 15 Trainees.
Overview - Crisis Management Simulator - Chemical Analysis Laboratory - Oil Spill Combating Training Center - Geospatial Information Technology Unit - Previous - Courses - Next