Environment Protection and Crisis Management Center
Geospatial Information Technology Unit
Geospatial Information Technology enriches environmental applications, such as urban planning, assessment of biodiversity, disaster management and land administration. In addition, now it plays an important role in higher education and research.The Geospatial Information Technology (GIT) Unit is established to support the Environment Protection and Crisis Management Center, through encouraging and facilitating the use of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and Remote Sensing within the Academy, the ISC and the community.
The Unit General Services:
The unit’s activities are on consulting basis and service oriented to promote Research and Development (R&D)
- Database standard templates production.
- Spatial data archive, storage and research.
- Spatial data georeference and conversion.
- Remote Sensing Services.
- Hyperspectral / multispectral imagery analysis.
- Habitat and land use/cover mapping.
- Ground control and check point surveys.
- Photo interpretation.
- Change Detection.
- Base map drawing, Map Production an Map Analysis.
- Project Assessment.