Marine Simulator System
Bridge Resource Management (BRM) Course
The trainees who successfully complete this course will be able to effectively contribute to the bridge team during ship maneuvering in normal and emergency situations. In addition to recognize the value of bridge teamwork and build greater understanding and awareness of efficient bridge procedures. They will develop their situational awareness skills to enable them to anticipate what is coming next in case of handling unexpected and emergency situations during watch keeping and ship handling.
- Situational awareness, error chain.
- Communication, teamwork and decision making skills.
- Emergency procedures, checklists.
- Voyage planning.
- Stress at work.
- Duties of the officer of the watch.
- Bridge equipment allocation.
The course is covered by simulated exercises comprising situational awareness, passage planning, error chain, emergency procedures and contingencies.
The person successfully completing this course will have successfully demonstrated:
- STCW 1978/2010 Table A II/1Maintain a Safe Navigation Watch Bridge Resource Management.
- IMO Model Course 1.22