Marine Simulator System
Electronic Chart Display Information System (ECDIS)-Operation Level
This course is designed to enhance navigation safety by providing the knowledge and skills necessary to fully utilize the features of ECDIS.
- Knowledge of legal aspects and responsibilities related to Electronic Navigation Charts.
- Requirements for the carriage of back-up systems.
- Safe operation of the ECDIS equipment.
- Description of the structure of ECDIS and ENC.
- Proper use of ECDIS-related information.
- Determine position and the accuracy of resultant position fix.
- Awareness of ECDIS-related limitations.
The course is practically based on exercises with a variety of ECDIS and ECS systems. This includes exercises in Kelvin Hughessystems and Sperry IBS simulator systemapplying a practical and realistic environment in different roueting areas.
A person successfully completing the course will be considered to have met Training Standard-Electronic Chart Display and Information Systems and STCW requirements to:
- Plan and Conduct a Passage and Determine Position: Thorough Knowledge of and Ability to Use ECDIS (Table A-II/1).
- STCW 1978/2010 Table A II/1Maintain the Safety of Navigation
- IMO Model Course 1.27