Marine Simulator System
Electronic Chart Display Information System (ECDIS) Management Level:
This course is designed to enhance navigation safety by providing the knowledge and skills necessary to fully utilize the features of ECDIS in the management level.
- Knowledge of legal aspects and responsibilities related to Electronic Navigation Charts.
- Requirements for the carriage of back-up systems.
- Awareness of ECDIS-related limitations.
- Increase the awareness of the potential errors & risk of reliance on ECDIS.
- Understanding the regulatory requirements of the system.
- The updating regimes and differences between various systems.
- Understand ECDIS Supply chain.
- Acceptance of ECDIS by Port State Control.
The course is practically based on exercises with a variety of ECDIS and ECS systems. This includes exercises in Kelvin Hughes systems and Sperry IBS simulator system applying a practical and realistic environment in different routing areas.
A person successfully completing the course will be considered to have met Training Standard-Electronic Chart Display and Information Systems and STCW requirements to:
- STCW 1978/2010 Table A II/2 Maintain the Safety of Navigation through the use of ECDIS and associated navigation system to assist command decision making
- IMO Model Course 1.27