Marine Simulator System
Vessel Traffic Service (VTS) Course (Introduction)
This course is designed to provide the "VTS operator" with no Nautical knowledge. This course is complied with I.A.L.A. recommendations (V-103/1).
- Ship monitoring and identification.
- Radar tetchiness &Automatic Identification System (AIS).
- Communication and coordination.
- Evaluation and interpretation of traffic situations.
- Log keeping, recording and reporting.
- Traffic integration and conflict resolution.
- Emergency and special situations / contingency plans:
a)      Waterway management in multi-ship simulated scenarios.
b)      Anticipation and projection of traffic patterns.
c)      Critical areas.
d)     VTS sailing plans, including deep draught vessel.
VTS simulated exercises are executed in VTS station integrated with Marine Simulator Systems.
- I.A.L.A. Modules Course (V-103/1).