VLCC Safety Course
- The course provided guidance on safe operating practices. The approach adopted has been to arrange the material is concerned with a particular type of operation.
- It is emphasized that OOW should always be in a position to provide positive support and information to the master of the ship.
- Course apply to STCW 95 requirement of reg. V/1 paragraph 1.2
- Oil history
- General precautions on tanker
- Arrival in port
- Safety aspect on tanker and terminal
- Liaison between tanker and terminal
- Precautions before/ during cargo handling
- Handling of cargo and ballast
- Double hull operations
- Tank cleaning and gas freeing
- Fixed inert gas system
- Enclosed space entry
- Gas indicators
- Static electricity
- Emergency procedures (terminal tanker)
- Appendix A: Ship/ shore safety check list
- Appendix B: Oil cargo
- Appendix C: cold/ hot work permits
Duration : 5 Days/ 30 Hours (20 theoretical- 10 Practical.)
No. of Trainees  : 4 - 12 Trainees.
Overview - Previous Accomplishments - Courses