Chemical Tanker Safety Course
- The course deals with the safe handling of chemical, and emphasizes the importance of understanding the physical properties in relation to practical operation of chemical handling equipment on ships.
- The course contents cover the syllabus for the IMO endorsement (Chemical) as outline in STCW 95 requirement of reg. V/1 paragraph 1.2
- Petrochemical demand.
- Petroleum derivatives.
- Chemical safety.
- Main features of Marpol 73/78.
- Chemical cargo categories.
- Description of ship equipment and arrangements (fully sergerated cargo tanks and pipe lines).
- Cargo handling procedures.
- Pre-wash procedures.
- Ventilation procedures.
- Emergency procedures.
Duration : 5 Days/ 30 Hours (20 theoretical- 10 Practical.)
No. of Trainees  : 4 - 12 Trainees.
Overview - Previous Accomplishments - Courses