These general requirements are:
- Obtaining Thanawiya Amma Certificate or any equivalent high school certificate.
- Passing the entry exams held by the Academy.
- Medical fitness (for Navigation and Marine Engineering Departments).
- Age must not exceed 22 for Egyptian males unless military service status is settled.
- Not having been previously expelled from any other university.
- paying $150 as admission and admission tests fees.
This system gives the student the possibility of applying for the Academy before the announcement of the final results of the secondary stage and pay part of the expenses (results of the first two years for IGCSE – SATI for American Diploma).
This phase ends on: 04/07/2013
Regular admission starts on 05/07/2013  according to the remaining places.
The announcement of the result of acceptance is determined  in accordance with the priority of the high school percentage,  attendance of the Placement Test prescribed by the Academy as well as the conditions set by the Supreme Council of Universities in various disciplines according to the following timings:
First phase:            15/08/2013
A second phase:   01/09/2013
Third phase:          10/09/2013
All students must submit the final results of the secondary stage (Thanawiyya Amma) at least two weeks before the announcement date of the acceptance decision.
Tuition fees can be paid at the Academy account at Commercial International Bank (CIB) Smouha Branch - Arab Republic of Egypt map with the student's name - and registration number of the student.
Account number: 3460300035 (convertible to the dollar(
Account number: 3460000015 (convertible Egyptian pounds(
SWIFT CODE: CIB EEGCX034
Students can apply through the online application: www.aast.edu/