Given the importance of ethics for conducting researches, AASTMT has adopted specific codes, rules, and policies relating to research ethics. They are briefed in the following statements:
- Directing research for the benefit of knowledge, society and humanity as an ethical and essential commitment.
- The integrity of implementing scientific research so that a researcher cannot attribute to him/herself anything but his thought and work only, and the amount of referencing others should be documented to avoid committing illegal actions.
- In case of quoting, the source must be cited in text and the amount of quoting is understood without any ambiguity.
- Decontextualizing is prohibited whether intentionally or unintentionally to avoid missing the original author&rsquos meaning.
- In joint research, participants&rsquo roles should be clarified.
- Data collection should be carefully and accurately without any bias on the part of the researcher. The research integrity necessitates dealing with thoughts regardless of names.
- Data should be clearly represented and the research should be written sufficiently to enable researchers re-experimenting and verifying results.
- Updating the repeated books so that students are familiar with modern surrounding conditions.