Course Code: LED 917
Credit hours: 3
This course is designed for leaders seeking to enhance their effectiveness for optimizing the human resource potential of their organization in order to achieve business and strategic objectives. It works on bridging the gap that is between the HR, the employees and the CEO. We believe that HR can change the world, not only the organization. We do not aim to graduate more academic HR people to the world, but the world needs HR thinkers, and this is where true change makers and leaders emerge.
Upon Course Completion, participant should be able to:
1. Understand basic concepts and frameworks of human resource management (HRM), and its role in effective business administration.
2. Understand HRM as a tool to execute strategies.
3. Analyze surrounding environment, vision, values and strategies.
4. Discuss how these elements relate to the various parts of HRM, such as HR policy, organizational structure, HR systems (recruitment, placement, evaluation, compensation and development) and organizational culture.
5. Understand problems of HRM and their causes, and what action plans should be implemented to solve it.
Topics to be covered: