ILS in Cairo branch, Heliopolis, accepts candidates for Graduate Teaching Assistants (GTAs) position whether full-time or part-time to join the teaching staff for English language each academic term. We serve students in different ESP disciplines and EAP contexts at the Arab Academy for Science, Technology & Maritime Transport.
Teaching Staff Member Responsibilities
- Plan, teach and evaluate your classes according to session plans.
- Be present for students' consultations during set office hours.
- Keep up-to-date students' class attendance and records.
- Fulfill academic duties, such as preparing and submitting exams on time, participating in conducting oral exams, submitting students’ results, and attending meetings regularly.
- Perform administrative duties as required, e.g. attending and leaving class on time, filling in Quality Assurance System (QAS) documents punctually, taking part in exam invigilation and correction or any others.
- Participate in professional development activities, namely academic seminars, workshops, short courses or programs, working parties on materials development, course evaluation, testing… etc.
- Part-time teaching staff should have flexible preferences regarding working hours to meet the ILS needs.
- A Bachelor degree of English.
- A total score of IELTS not less than 6.5 or TOEFL total score not less than 600.
- Mastering Microsoft office & a valid ICDL certificate should be submitted.
- A teacher training diploma or certificate is preferable (CELTA, ITTC, DELTA, ILS-LTTC or an equivalent).
- Teaching experience is an asset.
Requirements upon application
- An updated CV + a recent Photo
- A College Bachelor Degree Certificate
- A copy of the ID
- A filled ILS application form
- Passing the ILS interview.
- Conducting a demo class.