Welcome to STI
Who We Are?
- Sea training institute (STI) has supplied first class training, consultancy and research services to the international shipping, and commercial yachting since 1971.As part of Arab Academy for Science and Technology and Maritime Transport (AASTMT), STI benefits from a substantial organizational and quality assurance infrastructure to maintain exceptional standards of service delivery.
- We are one of the world’s premier maritime training providers including other facilities and services within AASTMT and our reputable training and business service partners.
What We Do?
- We offer high caliber training for the maritime industries to conform to the rising international requirements for officers who are educated to the highest professional standards.
- STI offers internationally recognized training programs for navigation, nautical engineer and marine electro-technical officers, for 5th and 6th semesters equivalent to one year sea service as demanded by international conventions on Standards of Training, Certification and Watch keeping for Seafarers STCW 78, as amended.
- We likewise offer a range of non-mandatory short courses to all maritime personnel for the evolution of maritime skills and some courses which are contrived to fit individual company requirements, such as squad training for bridge or engine room personnel.
- STI pioneered the use of the bridge, engine room for higher level training, in addition to our specialist ship handling training practices.
- Why to Choose Us?-
-  STI provides unrivaled facilities and an expert lecturing team.
- Our cadets pass rates are consistently high and surpass industry averages.
- We provide the most comprehensive scope of training programs available.
- We are preparing the future leadership of the global maritime industry.
- We hold a special training ship (Aida 4), Professional Approvals and AccreditationsSTI holds all required professional approvals and accreditations, including: (Standards of Training, Certification and Watch keeping for Seafarers (STCW), as approved by the Egyptian Authority for Maritime Safety (EAMS) - ISO 9001:2008 standard for the conception and delivery of vocational courses, as approved by DNV-GL Quality Assurance).
Mission and Vision Statement
- Our Vision: To excel as one of the best sea training institutes locally and regionally and to uphold internationally recognized course of studies with an advanced academic rank. To offer the highest quality educational programs, training, research, services and to play a stellar part in all maritime transportation fields, as a foremost sea training institute in the Arab world and Africa.
- Our Mission: To develop graduates who have the ability to compete at the national and international level associate their national identity with global values engage in continuous improvement have a proficient mastery of technology respect their environment, society and ethical values excel in entrepreneurship and leadership qualities conduct research in basic and applied sciences creating a breakthrough in national development and to develop and support leading creative research groups.Our Supporting ActionsEmploy a forward-looking industry and training professionals with know-how, knowledge, competence and experience.Deliver courses through a flexible mixture of blended learning approaches.Prepare cadets for top-quality performance in a dynamic environment.Take part in industry groups and keep abreast of industry demands.Anticipate and supply the learning needs of cadets and business demands of the maritime industry. Get together with co-workers and current industry leadership to advance maritime training.Establish dedication to character and critical self-evaluation.Be candid and fair in dealing with cadets, colleagues and clients.