Food Safety Management Systems Auditor/Lead Auditor Course # A17410
Certified By IRCA)
Duration: 5 days
This course enables delegates to effectively under take Food Safety Management Systems audits, by clearly understanding the requirements of ISO 22000 international standard, other associated standards and HACCP principles .This course will also give you the skills and techniques to measure the effectiveness of your food safety management system. Successful implementation of the course meets part of the formal training requirements for those seeking registration under the IRCA Auditor Registration Scheme.
What you will learn?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand food Safety management system principles, processes and techniques used for assessment and management of food safety hazards.
- Determine contents & requirements of ISO 22000: 2005 and inter-relationships with other relevant international standards and food industry practices and guides.
- Identify and maintain legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Plan, conduct, report & follow-up food safety management systems audits.
Requirements for Successful Completion
To succeed this course, delegates must:
- Succeed the continual assessment throughout the 5 days course duration and achieve success rate of the written examination.
- Delegates shall be awarded a certificate of successful completion for passing the written examination and the continual assessment.
- Non Successful delegates shall receive a certificate of attendance.
Course Materials & Styles
- Delegates receive comprehensive course manuals with reference materials for the ISO 22000 standard.
- Delegates will be exposed to:
- Group work activities, practical skills development exercises, workshops ,role plays and interactive discussion groups.
Who should attend?
- Those who have interests in Food Safety issues, Food safety consultants.
- Individuals interested in conducting first-party, second-party, and third-party audits based on ISO 22000  and  Managers planning the implementation of ISO 22000.
Delegates must have the following prior knowledge:
- Implementing or operating a management system within a food sector context. This includes private schemes such as BRC, GLOBALGAP, FSSC and/or other schemes which include management system components.
- Relevant key food safety legislation (this may be specific to students’ food industry context and location).
- Knowledge of prerequisite programmes as specified in ISO/TS 22002-1.
- Good Practice guides for Agriculture (GAP), Veterinary (GVP), Manufacturing.
- (GMP), Hygiene (GHP), Production (GPP), Distribution (GDP) and/or Trading.
- (GTP) depending on the segment of the food chain in which the student operates.
- The principles of HACCP as defined by the Codex Alimentarius Commission.
- Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 22000 or acceptable equivalent, which may be gained by completing an IRCA certified FSMS Foundation Training course or equivalent.
Language:   English / Arabic.
Tutor:   Fulfills IRCA requirements for this scheme.