Energy Management Systems Auditor/Lead Auditor Course # A17676
Certified By IRCA)
Duration: 5 days
The ISO 50001 standard is presently the world’s leading energy management system increasingly being adapted by many companies internationally. It is comprehensive and flexible Energy Management Systems standard that provides benefits for organizations large and small, in both public and private sectors, in manufacturing and services in all regions of the world. This course  is designed to give you the relevant skills and knowledge to carry out audits of Energy Management Systems. It provides an opportunity for both Environmental and Energy management professionals to update their skills in interactive and supportive surroundings. This course meets the training requirements for those seeking registrations as an auditor under the IRCA Auditor Registration scheme.
What you will learn?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Explain the purpose of ISO 50001 and the benefits to an organization of using the Standard.
- Outline key concepts and approaches to an energy management system.
- Describe, with reference to Plan – Do – Check – Act cycle, the structure, scope and purpose of ISO 50001.
- Outline key ISO 50001 definitions and terminology.
- Briefly summaries relevant energy management legislation.
- Identify energy and cost saving opportunities.
- Gain detailed knowledge of current best practice in energy management.
- Identify sources of law and sources of information on energy management legislation.
- Describe the principles, processes and techniques used for the assessment of risk and the significance of these in all energy management systems.
- Outline and interpret the requirements of the ISO 50001 management systems specification in the context of an audit.
- Effectively plan and conduct an audit of the management and operation of an organization in accordance with the requirements of relevant EnMS audit criteria.
- Report the audit, including writing valid, factual and value-adding nonconformity reports.
- Undertake audit follow-up activities, including evaluating the effectiveness of corrective and preventive action.
Requirements for Successful Completion
To succeed this course, delegates must:
- Succeed the continual assessment throughout the 5 days course duration and achieve success rate of the written examination.
- Delegates shall be awarded a certificate of successful completion for passing the written examination and the continual assessment.
- Non Successful delegates shall receive a certificate of attendance.
Course Materials & Styles
- Delegates receive comprehensive course manuals with reference materials for the ISO 50001standard.
- Delegates will be exposed to:
- Group work activities, practical skills development exercises, workshops, role plays and interactive discussion groups.
Who should attend?
- Energy Managers, Management representatives.
- Those who want to become third party auditors for ISO 50001.
- Those who are involved in implementation of  ISO 50001 in their organization.
Delegates must have the following prior knowledge:
- ISO 5001 Requirements.
- The principles of fuel combustion, heat transfer and energy flow.
- The relevant sources of energy regulation, guidelines and standards.
- The typical methods and technologies for increasing efficiency.
- Energy measurement units, sources, costs, tariffs and scheduling.
- Energy use data analysis methods.
- Energy performance indicators, monitoring and performance measurement.
- The impact of organizational processes and equipment on energy efficiency.
- Electricity use: motors, drives, lighting, computers efficiency.
Language:   English / Arabic.
Tutor:   Fulfills IRCA requirements for this scheme.