Several organizations worldwide seek to apply different initiatives for occupational health and safety to foster a safe and healthy work environment. Occupational health and safety application helps protect co-workers, family members, employers, customers, and others who might be affected by the workplace environment.
Recently, both academics and practitioners focus on identifying effective methods for increasing awareness and changing beliefs, attitudes, and behaviour in a way that will lead to a reduction of work-related injury, illness, or death. In order to cope with this worldwide trend, PQI
established a post-graduate diploma in occupational health and safety to allow participants to gain both theoretical knowledge and practical skills about how to consider safety when performing different tasks.
In addition, this program helps participants explore the role of human factors in preventing workplace injury and illness and their interventions, leading to improved workplace health and safety in different sectors, and amongst targeted worker populations.
Also, this program enhances participants’ skills through identifying and evaluating expected work risks to provide the best control methods and to understand different international technical specifications and management systems for occupational health and safety.
- Upgrade the delegates'' qualifications to be competitive in national and international markets through gaining a postgraduate certificate in occupational health and safety field.
- Provide delegates in-depth knowledge of the background and implications of health and safety management systems.
- Identify the main requirements of legislation and codes of practice and maintain records and information to advice organization management and decision makers.
- Help delegates to identify common hazards and risks in the workplace and advice on suitable corrective actions.
- Enable delegates to assess and evaluate hazards and risks in the workplace and create suitable corrective actions to eliminate risks.
- Enable delegates to plan, organize, and execute effective audits against different international standards.
- Job safety analysis and safety at work.
- NEBOSH Awards and OSHA Standards Awareness.
- Accident Investigation and Statistical Analysis
- Risk Management and Hazard and operability Study (HAZOP).
- OHSAS Management Systems Lead Auditor.
- This program is targeting individuals working in the field of occupational health and safety such as safety officers, occupation specialists or health professionals.Program Duration
- The program consists of 18 credit hours spread over a minimum of 2 semesters (1 academic year).