Food Safety is extremely important to business of any size which handles food. Mishandling of food plays a significant role in the occurrence of food borne illness. Improper food handling may be implicated in 97% of all food borne illness associated with catering outlets.
We, here at PQI
, have developed a Postgraduate Diploma program in food safety that provides delegates with a comprehensive understanding of food safety Management principles, models and systems that fulfil the requirements of international standards.
The diploma is intended to enhance knowledge and business management skills in the food safety fields for technical and non-technical staff. Even though Food safety is one of the main concerns for the food industry and public health, many workers in the food safety field in Egypt, Middle East and in the gulf countries have no special training in the safety of food with a whole chain approach. Therefore, the Postgraduate Diploma program in food safety has been developed with - from farm to fork – approach.
- Enhance delegates'' qualifications and skills in order to develop all Middle East food producing plants to compete with and conform to the international regulations on food safety and take a part in improving project teams in the organization.
- Help delegates to understand the whole food safety measures, country’s specific regulations and the food safety management methodology integrating the needs of Middle East countries in accordance with the identification of new qualification needs with the approach - from farm to fork - .
- Enable delegates to plan, organize, and execute effective audits against national and international standards.
- Food Safety Fundamentals and Principles.
- Principles of quality management.
- Food Safety Technologies and Inception.
- Advanced Topics in Food Safety Risk Management.
- Food Laws and Legislations.
- Auditing and Assessing Food Safety Management Systems.
- The program is targeting individuals working in the field of food safety such as food safety officers, food safety specialists or food safety professionals.Program Duration
- The program consists of 18 credit hours spread over a minimum of 2 semesters (1 academic year).