|arbic title |
|prequisites ||CS321, CS445 |
|credit hours ||3|
|Description/Outcomes ||Introduction to language translation. Language translation phases. Lexical analysis. Syntactic analysis: Formal definition of grammars BNF and EBNF Context-free-grammars. Bottom-up vs. top-down parsing tabular vs. recursive-descent parsers error handling. Run-time Environment. Code generation. Code Optimization.|
|arabic Description/Outcomes |
|objectives ||1. Specify what is language translation and its phases.|
2. Do Lexical and Syntactic analysis.
3. Interpret context-free grammars.
4. Understand the overall structure of a compiler, and
5. Learn significant details about a number of important techniques commonly used in compilers construction.
6. Understand code generation and optimization
|arabic objectives |
|ref. books ||Aho, Sethi, Ullman, Compilers: Principles, Techniques and Tools, Addison Wesley.|
|arabic ref. books |
|textbook ||Appel, A. and Ginsberg, M., Modern Compiler Implementation in C, Cambridge Univ. Press.|
|arabic textbook |
|objective set |
|content set |
|course file ||