|title ||Video Editing|
|arbic title |
|prequisites ||GM311 |
|credit hours ||3|
|Description/Outcomes ||This course provides a solid technical foundation in video post-production for students. It concentrates on the issues of shot succession, timing, action, and sound/image relations as an aid to general postproduction skills and revisualization of computer animation. The course covers the essential elements of linear and non-linear systems, as well as general ecology of production and post-production in a rapidly changing field.|
|arabic Description/Outcomes |
|objectives ||1. Apply foundation concepts in non-linear video modification, film direction, and digital sound editing.|
2. Develop a basic proficiency with the tools and techniques available in standard digital video editing programs.
3. Understand how to shoot, capture, edit, and output short video projects, organizing footage and modifying it into a coherent sequence.
4. Set up short video projects and shoot them using a variety of appropriate camera angles, shots, and framing.
5. Apply techniques for establishing or breaking continuity in a video sequence.
6. Analyze a video sequence to synchronize it to a musical soundtrack or dialog.
7. Apply a variety of techniques for expanding or compressing the perception of time in a video sequence.
8. Create title sequences to a digital video and animate the sequences using key frames.
9. Evaluate basic production checks and output video in common formats including DVD and the Web.
10. Apply basic techniques for mixing a soundtrack incorporating the human voice, ambient noise, sound effects, and music.
|arabic objectives |
|ref. books ||1- Gael Chandler, Film Editing: Great Cuts Every Filmmaker and Movie Lover Must Know, Michael Wiese Productions.|
2- Roy Thomson, Christopher J.Bowen, Grammar of the Edit, Focal Press.
3- Richard Harrington, Creating DSLR Video: From Snapshots to Great Shots, Peachpit Press.
|arabic ref. books |
|textbook ||Ken Dancyger, The Technique of Film and Video Editing: History, Theory, and Practice, Focal Press.|
|arabic textbook |
|objective set |
|content set |