Ship Handling Simulator Course
Course Code: MSS 01
Duration: 6 0
The aim of this course is to give the trainees the experience of handling ships effectively and to be aware of all factors affecting the maneuvering and handling of ships. The trainees will be able to plan berthing, un-berthing and anchoring, taking into account the prevailing conditions of wind and tide.
- Review of basic principles.
- Familiarization with the bridge.
- Standard maneuvers.
- Wind and current effects.
- Shallow water effects.
- Bank, channel and interaction effects.
- Berthing and un-berthing with and without tugs.
- Anchoring and mooring.
- Planning and carrying out a voyage.
For more information