Maritime Search & Rescue Simulator
Course Code: MSS 410
Duration: 40 Hr. 5D
The course is designed for seafarers working in Rescue Coordinator Centers (RCC) and VTS Stations to enhance their performance in Search and Rescue and to provide updated training to promote their proficiency regarding safety. The simulated exercises comprise all search patterns using fast boats and helicopters.
- Vessel assisting search .
- On-scene co-ordination.
- On- board emergencies.
- Rescue .
- Maritime search and rescue facilities.
- Co- ordinate vessel and aircraft search pattern.
- International convention for the Safety Of Life At Sea
- Standard format for search and rescue situation report ( SITREP)
The simulator exercises comprise all search patterns using different Ship Dynamic Models (SDM) i.e. fast boats and helicopters.
- International Aeronautical and Maritime Search and Rescue (IAMSAR) Manual.
- STCW Table A-II/2.
- IMSAR (Vol. III)
For more information