Ship–To–Ship Transfer Operation Simulator (STS)
Course Code: MSS 910
Duration: 40 Hr. 5D
To meet the requirements set out in the “OCIMF” Ship to Ship transfer Guide and Chapter 8 of MARPOL Annex I , as amended by Resolution MEPC,186(59).
- Express the effects on ship handling of the hydrodynamic phenomena occurring between the ships in dependence of the ship speed and relative position.
- Recognize the effects of controllable, uncontrollable and Semi Controllable forces.
- The recommended approach plan and the need for alternative plan (underway –at anchor –with tugs –without tugs) and physical properties of the fenders
- Incorporate existing operational procedures in the trade including checklists in the course.
- Perform exercises with training objectives approved by experienced STS lecturer and other experienced personnel.
- Description of the actions involved in handling the ship safely and efficiently from any approach location until moored alongside the STBL / Mother Ship
- Human limitations.
- Emergency escape handling procedures.
- Cargo Hose arrangements.
- The Departure procedures.
- STS Risk Assessment.
Who should attend:
STS Superintendent – Marine Pilots – Marine Masters and Mates – Mooring Masters – STS Supervisors
For more information