On-Scene Commanders (IMO Level II)
Course Code: EPCMC 646
Duration: 30 Hr 5D
- Focusing on the essential support s included in the incident command system.
- Familiarization with the definitions of the on-scene commander`s responsibilities, managament of sea operations, types of countermeasures (their deployment and configurations).
- Training on managing an oil spill simulated scenario. - Training on deployment of real oil spill combating equipment.
- National Oil Spill Contingency plan.
- Case Study-Real Oil Spill Incident.
- Overview of oil spills.
- Safety at the spill site.
- Behavior & Fate of Spilled oil.
- Oil Containment Booms.
- Oil skimmers.
- Chemical Dispersants.
- Oil Spill Response Options.
- Liability & Compensation.
- Management of Oily wastes.
- Oil Spill Crisis Management ( Incident Command System).
- Communication and Information Sharing.
- Sensitivity Mapping.
- Shoreline Types and Clean-Up.
- Oil Spill Trajectory using Predicition Model
- Practical sessions for deployment of various kinds of oil spill combating equipment in the training site.
For more information